Forgot Password? Reset Password   Click here to sign up.   Post News

News  * Business  * Sports  * Entertainment  * Interesting  * Crime  * Life  * Sundry  * ...

Entertainment Topic

Halle Berry’s daughter speaks out amid claims actress abused son

“The allegations are completely inconsistent with the mom I know,” wrote Nahla, who Berry shares with ex Gabriel Aubry.

Halle Berry’s daughter speaks out amid claims actress abused son
Halle Berry in 2026
Credit: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage


Halle Berry's 18-year-old daughter is coming to her defense amid allegations of child abuse from the actress' ex husband, Olivier Martinez.

Following the French actor's claims that the Oscar winner had physically abused their 13-year-old son, Maceo, Berry's daughter, Nahla Aubry — who she shares with ex Gabriel Aubry — has waded into the legal battle. In a Los Angeles Superior Court declaration obtained by Entertainment Weekly, Nahla defended her mom, stating that she has never seen the actress abuse her half-brother, who she grew up alongside.

"Having lived with my mom my entire life and having personally observed her relationship with Maceo for years, the allegations are completely inconsistent with the mom I know," Nahla said in her statement. "I never observed anything abusive about her parenting."

She continued, "My mom is a loving and devoted parent. She can be strict when necessary and expects her children to follow rules and be respectful. At the same time, she is warm, supportive, and deeply involved in our lives. No matter how demanding her career has been, she always made time for me and prioritized what was important to me. I have watched her do the same for Maceo."

Nahla added, "In all my years living with my mom, I have never witnessed her act violently toward anyone."

Berry and Martinez wed in 2013, separating three years later. They subsequently underwent an eight-year legal battle that concluded in 2023. Last week, their relationship made headlines once again after Martinez asked a court for full custody of Maceo, alleging that Berry had abused their son in a Sept, 26 incident. Martinez accused Berry of "jumping on" their son and "putting her hands around his neck, and choking him."

In her court statement, Nahla firmly stated that she has never witnessed her mother in a violent interaction, but alleged, "I do remember Olivier beating up my father in our driveway when I was little."

She continued, "I have also never seen my mom throw anything at anyone, not a knife, or plate, or any other object. I have never seen my mom hit, slap, choke, grab, or physically abuse Maceo in any way. I have seen my mom and Maceo playfully wrestle, tickle each other, and roll around laughing on the floor or on a bed many times. I have never seen my mom place her hands around Maceo's neck, put him in a chokehold, restrict his breathing, or engage in any conduct remotely resembling the allegations that have been made against her. I have never seen Maceo hurt, upset, cry or do anything but laugh after his and my mom's playful wrestling."

Nahla also claimed her mother has "never" spoken negatively about Martinez or Aubry to her nor Maceo. "My mom has always encouraged us to maintain loving relationships with our fathers," she stated.

She further stated that she spoke to her mother and brother on the phone two days after the alleged incident, and claimed that Maceo "didn't seem upset about anything."

Nahla continued, "I was shocked, very sad, and very upset when I learned about Olivier's allegations against my mom."

Nahla, who has moved out of her California home and to Massachusetts to attend college, noted that she has not spoken to her brother since the filing because she is unsure what is permitted. She added that she is "heartbroken for Maceo," who has "become the subject of a public dispute that he may not fully understand." She also expressed anger at Olivier for subjecting her to public scrutiny, writing, "I feel like I am an afterthought for Olivier in his quest to destroy my mom."

Nahla concluded, "I want very much to speak with my brother and check on him. I want him to know that I love him… I care deeply about him, and I am concerned about the impact these proceedings are having on him and his relationship with my mom."

Representatives for Martinez and Berry did not immediately respond to EW's request for comment.

On Oct. 1. Martinez obtained a temporary restraining order against Berry, which restricted her parenting time with Maceo to daytime visits ahead of an Oct. 16 hearing. Berry's visitation is currently limited to Mondays and Tuesdays between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

In a lengthy declaration filed in Los Angeles Superior Court and obtained by EW, Berry denied Martinez's abuse claims, insisting, "I have never physically, emotionally, or otherwise abused Maceo. I am a victim of domestic violence, and I help victims of domestic violence… I am not a perpetrator of violence. I would never hurt our child."

Berry also asked the court to restore the 50-50 custody agreement she has had with Martinez since their divorce was finalized in 2023.

In a statement provided to EW, an attorney for Martinez said that the French actor is "solely motivated to protect the minor child," adding that he hopes "the opposing party gets the help she desperately needs."

Berry's attorney responded in a statement of their own, calling Martinez's filing "entirely meritless and deliberately misleading."


Halle Berry with kids Maceo-Robert Martinez and Nahla Ariela Aubry
Credit: Halle Berry/Instagram


Source



Posted by Temmy
Yesterday at 11:51pm




 




Top

For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to worldnewsservice2025@outlook.com
Copyright 2019 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions